- Enhance physical elements of the historic square
- Building inventory, including photo inventory
- Public improvements such as seasonal decorations, wayfinding, public art, parking
- Incentive programs-Challenge Grant and other grants
- Design assistance, design education, and historic preservation
Streetscape, banners and signs, art, facade improvements, planters, awnings, planters/beautification projects.
- Ensuring all resources are mobilized to effectively implement the Community Transformation strategies
- Develop organization policies, procedures, investment drives, and fundraisers.
- Volunteers – develop recruitment strategy, create databases, volunteer descriptions
- Reward and recognize volunteers and efforts
- Let others know about our organization
Annual Banquet, Iowa State Fair and Davis County Fair booth, Video & pictures promoting Bloomfield Main Street and volunteers, education, investment drive, and fundraisers.
Economic Vitality Committee
- Create a supportive business environment
- Enhance the appeal of the Historic Bloomfield Square
- Business development & recruitment
- Building inventory, data collection, monitoring
- Business inventory
Business Coffee Connection, clean up and market empty storefronts, recruit business, business incubator, business education & assistance, Open 4 Business Competition.
- Promote the square and Bloomfield Main Street district.
- Market the district’s unique characteristics to shoppers, investors, new businesses, and visitors.
- Create an effective promotion strategy, forging a positive image through advertising, retail promotional activity, special events, and marketing campaigns.
Hairy Nation Days, Meet the Mustangs, Trick or Treat on the Square, Fall Festival/Motor Show, Taste of Christmas, Iowa State Fair booth, video & pictures promoting & marketing Bloomfield.
Interested in joining a committee?